Students of Dr Antonio da Silva High School excel in Std X Examination
SSC RESULTS 2019-2020
(Declaration of Results – July 29, 2020)
Congratulations students on your brilliant results and well deserved success.
Congratulations Teachers! Your mentoring, hard work and dedication has ensured that every single student achieved his fullest potential.
Together you have raised the bar for future students.
The Board of Management, Principal and Staff wishes you every success in all your future endeavours.
Passing percentage 100%
Distinction : 136
First Class : 101
Second Class: 27
Pass Grade : 0
It’s May 1st Maharashtra Day and today as we face an unprecedented pandemic we pray that our beloved state and city Mumbai will win the battle with the dreadful virus & bring relief to all. Jai Maharashtra.
On this day every student eagerly waits to receive the result of his performance in school in the academic year. This year however as declared by the education department all students have been promoted to the next class. The divisions will be made known to you whenever the academic year begins.
1st May always heralds the beginning of summer vacation a time every student looks forward to, a time when most children would leave the hustle & bustle of city life & travel to their village, a time when books and school are left behind & the open inviting arms of nature beckon us to explore & discover a creation most enchanting & breathtaking.
Yes dear parents & students this is that time of the year where learning would take a new meaning, but alas today we find ourselves confined within the four walls of our apartments. Maybe we now understand better, the meaning of freedom & oh how we long to be free to do what we will.
While a corner of our heart, yearns to run out onto the street, to meet friends, visit restaurants & malls, good sense of our mind prevails & we sit back at home.
Should ‘Time’ which we always valued as precious now be wasted? Is there anything left for us to do? Do we have to sit grumble & moan. Yes we can do that but it won’t make us happy or satisfied. What else then?
Well I am not sure what appeals to you but children this is probably the best time to bond with your family, its a time you can give a helping hand to your mother, to reduce her work & show her that you really mean it when you say you love her. You could spend time listening to stories of her childhood, go through old photo albums & relive pleasant memories.
Its a good time to improve your language skills by reading. I’m sure your teachers might have shared links of the many e books now available free thanks to the generosity of some.
You may practice the yoga exercises you have learnt & enhance your fitness or may just do the simple exercises taught in the physical education class.
If you like cooking & ofcourse eating then spend some time following you tube recipes.
Be enterprising, have a peek at what lessons in different subjects lie in wait for you next year. Download the Diksha app & you may sit & learn with your parents.
Teachers will engage you with online classes When? We will soon let you know.
These are some things I have mentioned but I’m sure by now your fast ticking mind has thought of another ten more. Well keep yourself occupied doing things you always wanted to but never found time for & yes as you keep youself busy doing things you like don’t forget to observe the changes in your surroundings.
The lockdown has curbed human activities and to a large extent freed the environment of the negative human impact. There’s less pollution, the noise of the honking traffic has been replaced by the sweet sound of birds.
Take time to appreciate it.
We see the news flooded with the heroic deeds of our doctors, nurses, health care workers. Our men in uniform, the polce labour zealously round the clock to implement the law & also there are those helping hands that feed the hungry. We salute & bless all of these with a grateful heart.
You are living through historic times make your own daily observations, which someday you may add into your biography
So boys lets do our bit & grab this opportunity to exhibit our patriotism.
The school will reopen in June. We will keep you informed of the exact date, time & any other relevant detail. So remain connected to your class teacher till your new class teacher takes over.
Stay home stay safe.
It is that time of the year when parents are anxious, students supercharged and teachers buried amongst papers. You are right it is Exam time soon it will be curtains down on another academic year.
We wish all our students good luck especially our SSC Board Exam students; their performance will decide the direction of their life. It is important to remember and revise the rules of the game.
- Have a healthy time schedule for studying. Go ahead take that break when needed, to keep the stress away for stress takes its toll emotionally as well as physically.
- Eat well, it is important to give the right fuel for the machine to work efficiently and valuable time is not lost visiting doctors if one can stay away from illness.
- Whilst we talk about keeping the body machine healthy let us not forget that the body needs adequate sleep. A body deprived of sleep will never perform to it’s full capacity.
Other factors to keep in mind :
- know your exam timetable keep a copy pasted where you can see it prominently share it with family members so they too are aware and the correct mood is set at home.
- Reach the exam centre well in time half an hour before the actual paper begins you are expected to sit in the exam hall. Remember hurrying will lead your mind to be agitated and that’s not beneficial to your performance.
- Avoid last minute studying it is very unlikely that you will achieve in one hour what you did not in one whole year.
These are norms that not only students appearing for board exam but all students should practice.
Finally remember every exam is just a simple test and your result just indicates how you performed on that day it does not define you at most it only indicates what you are good at and what you are not good at.
So good luck do well. Remember after the exam waiting for you is a long VACATION.
1. MAHARASHTRA POLICE INTERNATIONAL MARATHON Dated – 09/02/2020 ( INTERSCHOOL BAND COMPETITION )
Our Band Boys won the first Runner-up in the Competition, IG Maharasthra Police and Milind Soman ( Ex- Student of our School) presented the students with a cheque of Rs 50000/-
2. Ward level inter school band competition – 2nd place
3. RSP Inter school band competition organised by Mumbai Traffic Dept. – 1st place
4. Demonstrated Band display at Hindustan Petroleum International sports event (Mumbai University Ground)
5. Demonstrated Band at HP Samark Nakshatra event for orphanage children sports meet Paralympics at RCF sports ground.
6. Represented school band on 26th January Republic day Parade, Shivaji park to Five garden.
7. Demonstrated Band display at Western Indian Automobile Association (WIAA) Inter School Drawing Competition ( Traffic garden Cooperage )
The S.S.C Farewell was organized on the 7th of Feb 2019 by the class teachers of STD 10th. The programme started at 10.30 am. with a prayer service followed by a message by the Vice-Principal Mrs. G Fernandes. Each student was also presented a memento and they reminisced their fun-filled days in school and expressed how difficult it was for them to leave the portals of their alma mater. The programme concluded with lunch for both students and teachers.