On land or far off across the deep sea,
God bless staff and students, within these walls
As our voices, deep and clear, ring through the halls.
Antonioans are we, loyal and true
To our Alma Mater, wise and hoary.
Scholars and Sportsmen, a merry crew,
Singing a song of her praise and glory, God Bless……
Strong of mind are we and stout of heart,
At work or play, in firm or factory,
Antonians shall nobly play their part,
Adding their share to its fame and glory. God bless…..
Whatever be their station in life,
Antonians all shall strive every aye,
Through times of peace and of grimmest strife
To keep da Silva banner flying high. God bless….
ALL PUPILS OF THIS INSTITUTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE RULES OF THIS SCHOOL FOR THEIR CONDUCT AND APPLICATION.
- Pupils shall be present in school during class hours.
- Pupils shall be punctual and shall attend schoolregularly.
- Pupils shall wear the correct school uniform on working days and for school functions.
- Pupils are responsible to the school for their conduct in and outside the school.
- Gross indiscipline, truancy, misbehaviour in public, habitual idleness, copying at the tests/examinations or a week’s inexcusable absence , is each a sufficient cause for Dismissal.
- Pupils must come prepared for class with their TEXT AND NOTE BOOKS, WRITING AND OTHER MATERIAL.
- Pupils must be attentive in class at all times and should develop regular and good study habits.
- Pupils shall not play in the classrooms/corridor of the school building.
*When moving along corridors , the pupils shall at all times keep to the left and follow the instructions of the school leaders.
- Pupils shall be kind to one another and shall be careful with their own belongings and that of their classmates and fellow pupils.
- When the bell rings (morning and after the recess) all pupils should be in their classroom.
- In the absence of the teacher, the Class Monitor should report the matter to the principal if no teacher arrives within inform the Class Monitor and Assistant Monitor . In such a case , the class may be sent for Games or to the Audio Visual Room or may have to stay in class, as directed by the Supervisor.
- No pupils may leave class during Class hours without the permission of the teacher/class monitor.
- No pupils may bring to school any magazines, novels, periodicals or books, other than prescribed textbooks.
- Personal hygiene and cleanliness is expected from all pupils. Pupils must have their hair cut short andtheir nails well pared. Shoes must be polished and uniforms, neat and clean.
- No pupil may bring any valuable articles to school. Parents must give their children simple, inexpensive articles for use in school.
- The school will not be responsible for any loss/damage or theft of the belongings of the pupils , though necessary care and precautions will be taken for their security.
- No pupils will leave the school premises without the permission of the principal.
- Pupils found leaving the school premises during the recess to patronize street vendors will be penalized.
- All should take an honest pride in keeping the classrooms, corridors and school campusclean and beautiful.
- Only in case of an emergency will the pupils be permitted to use the school phone.
- Eating in class or in the school buildings is strictly prohibited.
- No pupil shall make any collection in class or school unless duly authorized by the teacher who will have the prior sanction of the principal.
- No pupil shall engage in any sale of any articles in the school.
- Pupils are not permitted to give gifts to members of the staff. Pupils may, however, show their appreciation by giving a card or writing a note.
- Pupils may be sent home for breach of the above regulations . The school will not be responsible for the safety of the child sent home. When possible, particularly in the younger children, the parents will be contacted.
- Fees should be paid from Monday to Friday between the 10th and 20th of the month at the Fee Counter – Citizen Credit Co-operative Bank.
- Fees may be paid between 9.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. or between 5.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
- If the fees are sent with the pupil, a cheque should be given to avoid loss/theft of cash. If the cheque is dishonored, the penalty will be Bourne by the parent.
- Parents are encouraged to pay the fees for the entire year (June to May) in June (commencement of the academic year).
- Pupils of Class 10 must pay their school fees for the year (June to May) before they fill in their forms for the SSC Examination.
- Pupils of Classes 7, 8, 9 and 10 will pay a Laboratory Fee of Rs. 20/- per year.
- Reduction in fees may be granted in special cases to poor and deserving students for one year only but will be disallowed if the students proves unsatisfactory in conducts, application and attendance. Fees for June, however, are to be paid in full.
- Application for reduction in Fees must be made before 24th June on the prescribed form which can be obtained from the office. One form is sufficient for all brothers. All forms must be returned with all the particulars, completely filled in, by the due date.
- Economically Backward Class pupils or other backward class pupils claiming free-ship must obtain the requisite form, submit it, with income Certificate, by 24th They should, however, initially pay the fees due until their claim is admitted, when the fees paid will be refunded.
- Students who are in appear of school fees will not be permitted to appear for their examination. Extension for the payment of fees may be given to a few deserving cases.
- No pupil shall remain absent from school without due sanction from the Principal.
- Pupils who are absent for a day or two on medical grounds should enter the Absence Records and have it signed by the Class teacher.
- In case of serious illness which involves a long absence , parents should inform the Principal, in writing, within three days and also submit the Medical Certificate.
- Absence for more than seven days without prior intimation to/ sanction from the Principal will render the pupil liable for dismissal.
- No leave of absence is granted unless for very serious reasons. An application for leave must be entered in the Leave Record of this Calendar along with a written application from the parent.
- If a parent wants the child to come home early on a particular day for a genuine reason. An entry must be made in the Leave Record of this calendar or else the pupil will not be permitted to leave school.
- Absence on the re-opening day of school or the commencement of a new term or after the vacations will render the pupil liable to be struck off the school register.
- Pupils who remain absent will be responsible for making up the work they have missed in class.
- If a pupil was absent due to an infections or contagious disease/illness, acertificate from the doctor stating that the child is fit to resume school is necessary.
- Sectional/Religious holidays are allowed on a prior application in the Leave Records of this calendar.
- Notice of withdrawal, in the prescribed form, should be given before the 15th of the month, else the fees for the following month will be charged.
- Notice of withdrawal may only be given by the parent or guardian. (From of Application for leaving certificate is in this calendar) books have been returned to the library.
- No Leaving Certificate is issued until all dues have been paid and all books have been returned to the Library.
- The application form for leaving Certificate must be signed by the Clerks, Class Teacher (present academic year) and Librarian on completion of the necessary formalities.